So this week we have a topic! OOP and Recursion!
Well anyways, this week has been tiring and honestly quick hectic. Working on assignment 1, it took wayyy longer time than I expected. The first couple of steps was a breeze but when it came down to solving Tour with 4 cheeses (Reve's Puzzle according to Wolframalpha (which I recommend you to check out)) to be frank was a very difficult problem. Also trying to learn read and learn Tkinter in a week was not exactly easy either. Anyways, I survived and I finished the project, but I did not make Controller.py because if I did, it was purely for the sake of making the class to satisfy the optional requirement and not for saving code (as my Solver and Manual were almost completely different). Enough with this and time to get my opinion on OOP and Recursion (if you care)
OOP is probably the best thing ever. OOP, or object oriented programming, is making a set of code in which it can reused and make multiple instances of by another code. It allows me to make 1 set of code for something and keep reusing the same code with different constructors to get different thing. I honestly don't know how to program large scale program without OOP because that was the only way I learnt how to program. That might be why I don't like Python so much because it (technically) is a scripting language and OOP was added later. OOP is what industries use to make large program as it can then divide up the work into smaller parts. In my opinion, OOP is the only way to go.
Recursion is the idea of calling itself (the function itself) in order to solve a problem. Recursion is very mind boggling in the sense it can make large scale problems into seemingly small ones. An example would be the Tower of Hanoi as the recursion is used to solve this type of problem. It's useful in the sense it can solve problems quite efficiently, but I myself am not very good at it and would prefer to iterate. It is true Recursion is cleaner and a better solution, and in some scenarios the only way to go, but as a student, I still lack the skills into solving problems with recursion, hopefully I'll get better at it. Still very mind boggling every time I make a depth first search with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment